Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This weekend was a blur for me.

driving,
watching,
driving,
listening,
driving,
laughing,
driving,

Driving can be fun, but it seldom is.
It is what you do for your family.

You were so worth it..

I have read a few blogs about the events already, I remember all of the events they spoke of.
I loved every minute of it all.

But I am thinking of two moments that were......... I can't think of a word to describe it......
I'll tell you of those moments, maybe you can help me think of a word.

On Saturday as we sat in the chapel I began to feel the influence of the spirit so powerfully, like being in general conference when those things you have been praying about and are concerned with are perfectly and succinctly addressed, but I wasn't concerned about any thing so I wondered why it was happening.

This feeling became more and more powerful culminating with Felicia's baptism.

Feelings like this for me usually come with some kind of inspiration, direction of action, or revelation.

But nothing like that happened... I think because I am not in her line of authority so there is nothing for me to know or do,

Having thought on it for a few days I have come to the conclusion that I was only being illuminated by the star burst of a beginning.

The birth of an eternal family?
The entrance into the kingdom of God, of a choice daughter, with things to do in the future, and a great husband to help her, maybe.... probably.

Later that night as Sister Landrum told us of the mission to which she had been called, of her experiences and quirky happenings....

When she told of her blessing to teach the gospel in the language of her mission with great ability. I felt the spirit again, but when she testified in Tagalog the world seemed to stop and listen, and amazement was had for all.

for me it was a weekend of testimony.... and it was ......................................glorious!

thanks for allowing me to come along.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, it was glorious and the world did stop when she spoke in Tagalog! Fun to see you guys there. Man you have some talented daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stated! I wish I had been there for Felicia's beginning, but it wasn't for me to witnes. I do sense the sweetness of her spirit and I congratulate her along with the rest of your family.

    Shawn, as always, your words have inspired me. I appreciate your testimony and the amazing way you express it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for expressing things as only you can. I am taking your challenge as soon as I hit "post comment"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful depiction it was a star burst. I agree entirely. Thanks for being my mortal chauffer. I compress time in the eternities and just be there

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off thanks for inviting all to share their thoughts. I promise to share mine. It might be a few days as I am still settling into our new home and I don't have internet there. You have a great way of expressing your thoughts on special moments. We have an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete