Thursday, September 3, 2009

something that sets on my desk.

About ten years ago I picked up this little nick nack at a yard sale.

It has set on my bathroom counter, in my truck, and now sits on my desk.

I have always thought it would be cool to find something of great worth at an auction or a yard sale....

It has taken ten years but I think it has started to sink in with me, and has become something of incalculable worth to me and my outlook on life.

Every time I want to run away from school, and shout at the top of my lungs,

"I CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL , IT COST TOO MUCH, I AM TOO OLD, I NEVER WAS WORTHY OF SUCH A THING ,,,,AND I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!!!

I think of what it says and pick up my back pack and head to lab.

Surprisingly that shouting thing has happened twice this week in the hall of flags.... (the second one wasn't me;-)

Anyway.... I don't say this for sympathy,
a person can be told all kinds of good things about them self ,but you gotta feel and know it.

I'm feeling it.
I'm working on knowing it.

this is what my little nick nack says....

press on

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing in the world is more common
than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world if full of educated derelicts

PERSISTENCE and DETERMINATION
ALONE ARE OMNIPOTENT (AGAINST FAILURE)

Who ever made this Little nick nack........thanks.

8 comments:

  1. 2 word sayings are cool!

    Another favorite "Do It"

    Just because I have never verbalized it please accept it in written form....

    WAY TO GO! I KNOW YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR AMAZING MIND TO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! Here's my favorite quote from your post:

    "I'm feeling it.
    I'm working on knowing it."

    Oh boy do I understand that - only I generally know it before I feel it. Ugh.

    Keep up the great work - YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many hurdles can be overcome through persistence. We want you to know that we believe in you! You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard someone once say that even the devil has one attribute we can appreciate: Persistance. Sticking to a task through the highs and lows, storms and sunshine, IS what it's all about...

    You'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to do this and do it well - this I know for sure! Shout out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kelly since no one else ever comes back to this posting, this i think is a private conversation,...

    i don't beileve you when you say you don't start off feeling it....

    you followed that statement by saying "ugh"

    to me feeling it is the continued desire to follow a path. you have the desire, to do what ever you are thinking of doing. it is already there. you are a daughter of God and a Landrum
    that qualifies you to do anything,...Anything.

    don't be ashamed if you are working up your courage...it took me twenty years.

    don't be afraid to fail, we come here to fail and to grow past it,

    what if you absolutly knew you would ultimatly succeed at anything you tried?

    what would you try to do if you knew you couldn't fail?

    question #1 you will
    question #2 you won't

    try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often feel like the tourtise in what seems like a never ending race. We'll get there. We'll all get there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn, this is Richard
    Keep the faith, and know that I love you. Call me this week, I need your number.

    ReplyDelete